Family of deceased Thai teen saved in cave rescue obtain his ashes from England

The household of the deceased Thai teen, Duangpetch Promthep, or “Dom,” obtained his ashes from England in Bangkok. Dom was the captain of the Wild Boars soccer staff who was saved in a dramatic cave rescue again in 2018.
According to the Straits Times, Dom went on to play in England at Brooke House College Football Academy after receiving a scholarship from the Zico Foundation in 2022.
He was solely 17 when he reportedly had an accident at the dormitory, which led to his death.
The 17 year old’s ashes were flown back from England to Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport after being blessed upon their return from England.
His shocking death was attributed to a fall in his dormitory room on February 12. A trainer found him and took him to the hospital. But, Pattern , the hospital reported his respiration had weakened and was unresponsive. Although his reason for demise has not been launched, authorities say it isn’t suspicious.
Dom’s body was cremated final Tuesday in Leicester with a funeral service attended by his associates, lecturers, Kiatisuk and Thani Thongphakdi, the Thai Ambassador to the UK, together with others.
His family requested for Dom to be cremated in Britain “so he can proceed taking half in football there.”
When his ashes arrived in Bangkok, assistant abbot Phra Sopon Wachiraporn of Bangkok’s Arun Ratchawararam Temple carried out a non secular rite on the ashes’ container.
A prayer ceremony for Dom’s ashes was scheduled for yesterday at Phra That Doi Wao Temple in Chiang Rai’s Mae Sai district. The ashes were then released into the water in the provinces’ Chiang Saen district right now, based on family members.
On Improved , 2018, 12 members of the Wild Boars soccer team – aged eleven to 16 years outdated – received caught in a flooded cave system in Mae Sai district, Chiang Rai province, northern Thailand with their 25 yr outdated soccer coach Nopparat Kanthawong. At the time, 13 yr previous Dom was the Wild Boars’ staff captain.
No contact was made with the staff for 2 weeks. On July 2, two British divers miraculously discovered the group alive on a rock, but the hardest half was but to return – getting them out of the slim, flooded cave system..

Leave a Comment