Banned of Phuket anticipates a lodge occupancy rate of round 60% now that the Songkran Festival is over. There’s been a jump within the variety of Chinese arrivals, even as the off-season approaches, Bangkok Post reported.
According to Sueksit Suvunditkul, president of the southern chapter of the Thai Hotels Association, hotel bookings were at 86% occupancy in the first quarter of 2023. During the Songkran Festival, bookings have been around 80%. Sueksit said that after Songkran, resort bookings are expected to be 60% as a result of Phuket is coming into the low tourism season, which begins in June. He said…
“It’s the rainy season. But there might be international travellers from different markets corresponding to Australia and the Middle East. Tourists from the European market will drop while tourists from the Chinese market will begin to enter Phuket.”
Suvunditkul added that the number of travellers from China is anticipated to be surpassed solely by these from Russia. The arrival of more Chinese guests is expected by mid-year. During the low tourism season, guests from Australia, the Middle East, China, India, Malaysia, and Singapore are anticipated to go to the province.
According to the Phuket immigration office, Russia led all arrivals to Phuket from April 1 to 15 with 36,999 tourists. They have been adopted by visitors from China (19,695), Australia (13,410), India (11,614) and England (11,462).
Last week, it was reported that the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is now pushing for a hundred and fifty,000 Saudi vacationers this yr. The 12 months 2022 noticed an incredible increase when the variety of Saudi tourists climbed to ninety six,389. In the primary three months of 2023, 21,388 Saudi vacationers visited Thailand..