Facebook has been accused of suppressing a story by an investigative journalist who accused the United States of blowing up the Nord Stream pipelines.
Investigative journalist Seymour Hersh wrote an in depth account claiming that the interfering US blew up the Nord Stream pipelines, but Facebook has been accused of suppressing the story. The Thaiger faced an analogous scenario last month when Facebook suppressed a narrative about former drug lord Pablo Escobar’s hippos. They have yet to answer to the explanation why. Read Odd HERE:
Hersh, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for The New York Times, published his story on substack.com on Wednesday, February 8.
Facebook added qualifiers to the story and redirected readers to an article on a Norwegian web site. The pipelines carried pure fuel from Russia to Western Europe and have a terminus in Germany. The US and different NATO nations have placed financial sanctions on Russia since the start of its navy battle with Ukraine in February 2022.
Facebook has been accused of interfering in information distribution by blocking the article. Caitlin Johnstone, an Australian journalist, said…
“Facebook does not explain how a ‘fact-checking’ firm which operates at the facet of Norwegian state media may be considered ‘independent’ regarding an article which explicitly accuses the Norwegian authorities of extremely egregious crimes.”
Facebook customers attempting to share the URL from Hersh’s story receive the message…
“Before you share this content, you would possibly want to know that there’s additional reporting from Faktisk. Pages and websites that repeatedly publish or share false news will see their general distribution decreased and be restricted in other ways.”
Faktisk.no is a Norwegian “fact-checking” web site produced in cooperation with Norwegian mass media and NRK, Norway’s state broadcasting company.
Twitter user “Nuno Marques” posted on Thursday, April 20 that Hersh’s report “is now banned on Facebook and Reddit in Norway,” and that the Norwegian government is “demanding censorship of this information as they realized greater than half of their citizens have been towards the Nord Stream bombings!”
Author Michael Shellenberger, writing on substack.com, said…
“Instead of allowing people to make up their own minds, Facebook has decided to take a side.”
The New York Times printed a story on March 7 suggesting that a pro-Ukrainian group was behind the explosions. The article doesn’t carry related warnings by Facebook, nor do accounts that allege Russia was behind the pipelines’ destruction. Russian web site RT.com tweeted on April 21…
“The notoriously ‘impartial’ Facebook pink flags Seymour Hersh’s reporting on Nord Stream sabotage as ‘false’ citing counterclaims by ‘independent fact-checkers from Norway and Ukraine.”
George Beebe, a former CIA officer and now head of the Quincy Institute’s Grand Strategy program, said…
“The Biden administration appears to be recognizing that the story of the Russians blowing up their very own pipeline wasn’t holding any water.
“This doesn’t imply (that The New York Times story) is wrong, but it sure does increase questions in my thoughts as to what’s going on here.”
Interference within the international affairs of other nations by the US? Surely not..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *